IRDG’s Technology Trends Series is actively helping members explore the new world of the ‘Internet of Things (IoT)’ and Smart Connected Devices. It’s about seeing what it means for innovation in all sectors – the opportunities, the challenges, the new solutions, the possible collaborations; all the while learning from those who have experience in this space with case studies and best practice sharing. See highlights here from our session hosted by Dell Technologies at their Limerick campus.
A superb line-up of speakers were brought together for this day as follows:
- KEYNOTE – Dell – Dr Patricia Florissi, Vice-President, Distinguished Engineer and Chief Technology Officer
- An Garda Siochana – Chief Supt. Dave Sheahan
- Analog Devices – Grainne Murphy, IoT Marketing Manager
- Actionpoint – John Savage, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer
- Dell – Donagh Buckley, Sr. Director, Dell EMC Centre of Excellence, Founding Director of Dell EMC Research Europe
- Episensor – Gary Carroll, Founder and Executive Director
- Intel Corporation – David Boundy, Director of IoT Innovation
- Limerick Institute of Technology – Liam Brown, Vice President Research, Development & Innovation
- Limerick City Council – Dr. Mihai Balauca – Head of Digital Strategy
- Microsoft – Patrick Ward, Principle Solution Specialist, IoT
Subjects covered were broad ranging across the IoT space, primarily structured around three key areas:
- The Edge – Where sensors connect with the real world
- The Core – Where analytics turns the data into information
- The Cloud – Where the information is stored for making business or policy decisions
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Subscribe for News & Events
Subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest news and events from IRDG.
"*" indicates required fields
We do not spam. You can unsubscribe anytime.