Complimentary members’ R&D Tax Credit clinics for finance, technical & other colleagues across industry who should understand this key support for companies engaged in Research, Development & Innovation.
1. R&D Tax Credit Clinic with Deloitte
Wednesday, 9th March, 9.30 – 11am (members exclusive) – virtual
This clinic will focus on the most pressing issues for claimants of the R&D tax credit in Ireland. Identifying qualifying projects (advancements and uncertainties), correctly calculating associated costs and accurately and succinctly evidencing activities undertaken with good governance and robust systems and controls. The team at Deloitte will also discuss the wider national and European funding landscape and how these grants interact with the R&D tax credits and how this all links to the Knowledge development box.
The webinar will be a maximum of 90 minutes in duration, including presentation and time for audience Q&A. We encourage technical and financial staff involved in the production of R&D tax credit claims to attend.
The session will be facilitated by Paul Smith, Senior Tax Manager and Brian McDonnell, R&D and Government Incentives, Deloitte.
2. One to Ones
For first time claimants or companies that require a more detailed explanation of the mechanics of the credit, Deloitte are happy to offer one-to-one sessions. Importantly, should you have any specific tax technical, scientific/technical or governance questions that you don’t wish to raise in Q&A they are happy to offer one-to-one sessions with you also.
For any company who would like to discuss R&D Tax Credits in more detail with the Deloitte team, individual 20-minute time slots can be booked. A maximum of 10 of these are available, and they should be booked separately by emailing Mary Byrne (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request one.
R&D Tax Credits – overview
Supporting an R&D Tax Credit should not be a retrospective exercise. Having access to complete, up-to-date and accurate information on the two key tests – the science test and the accounting test – is critical. The implementation of systems and procedures for the capturing of relevant supporting documentation further strengthens your claim.
- These clinics exclusively for members are aimed at those responsible for managing and recording R&D activity for the purposes of claiming Tax Credits.
- They are suited to those in Finance and in the Technical functions – all parties to a tax credit claim. The goal is to help companies become more independent in the management of claims, and to be fully prepared so as to defend the claim in the event of audit.
- Facilitated by Deloitte on this occasion, highly experienced practitioners in R&D tax incentives
- Specific and detailed best practice overview
- The most up to date Revenue Guidelines including the recent announcement with regards to R&D Tax Credit payments in the context of the Covid-19 crisis
- Detailed discussion and Q&A
- Aimed at both scientific/engineering people and those working in finance related roles, i.e. relevant to all those responsible for managing, recording and claiming the credits
- An opportunity to understand the R&D Tax Credit Scheme in detail
- Advice on managing documentation and dealing with audit situations
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
CPD hours will be available for attendees who would like to avail of same
Please contact Mary Byrne with any queries about this event.