Complimentary members’ R&D Tax Credit clinics for finance, technical & other colleagues across industry who should understand this key support for companies engaged in Research, Development & Innovation.
IRDG hosts a series of regional half-day complimentary R&D Tax Credits Clinics for small groups which are highly practical and interactive. These clinics are exclusive to IRDG member companies, and multiple employees are welcome.
R&D Tax Credit Clinic
Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, Dublin
Tuesday, 10th May, 9.30 – 1.00pm (members exclusive)
This first in-person clinic for some time will be facilitated by Cian Smith and Seamus Leahy of KPMG’s R&D Incentives Practice. Note these clinics are aimed at both finance and technical people – all those involved in the preparation of an R&D Tax Credit claim.
Supporting an R&D Tax Credit should not be a retrospective exercise. Having access to complete, up-to-date and accurate information on the two key tests – the science test and the accounting test – is critical. The implementation of systems and procedures for the capturing of relevant supporting documentation further strengthens your claim.
- These clinics exclusively for members are aimed at those responsible for managing and recording R&D activity for the purposes of claiming Tax Credits.
- They are suited to those in Finance and in the Technical functions – all parties to a tax credit claim. The goal is to help companies become more independent in the management of claims, and to be fully prepared so as to defend the claim in the event of audit.
- Facilitated by KPMG on this occasion, highly experienced practitioners in R&D tax incentives
- Specific and detailed best practice overview
- The most up to date Revenue Guidelines
- Detailed discussion and Q&A
- Aimed at both scientific/engineering people and those working in finance related roles, i.e. relevant to all those responsible for managing, recording and claiming the credits
- An opportunity to understand the R&D Tax Credit Scheme in detail
- Advice on managing documentation and dealing with audit situations
- Time available at the end of the session for one-to-one advice around your R&D tax credit queries.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
CPD hours will be available for attendees who would like to avail of same
This event is available to any employee of an IRDG member company. Please contact Mary Byrne with any queries about this event or membership of IRDG.