We are looking to introduce a chemical tracking system and wonder if any of the other members could recommend a system that they are currently using.
It should have the following features:
• Be able to track all chemicals from delivery to the site, moving from lab to lab (and even down to which cabinet it is in), and finally to disposal.
• We should also be able to track the owner of the chemical, and these can change as chemicals are shared across the site.
• While we accept that it may have to be manually entered at the start, all subsequent interactions with the system must be as easy as possible (e.g. using barcode & scanner).
• The interface should be web based, so no client software need be installed & maintained.
• The chemical entry should include SDS or link to SDS.
• The option of including/attaching a chemical risk assessment would be a bonus.
• The option to include segregation rules would be a bonus.
(e.g. cabinet X is labelled for non-flammable chemicals only, so chemical A, which is flammable, cannot be allocated to that cabinet)
• We would want certain fixed reports to be set up initially. These could include i) expired chemicals ii) usage of certain chemicals, etc.
• The option to create ad hoc reports would be a bonus.
IRDG gathered together all the ideas and suggestions and they are available to members in the report here below.
The remaining content in this post is restricted to employees of IRDG member companies only. If you are an existing member and have registered previously to use the members area, please login. New users may register below.