Lean & Agile in Product Development & Innovation – best practice & experiences with Ericsson, Hollister, Silver Pail Dairy, Minteq & more…
We’re delighted to announce a new collaborative event, dedicated to the topic of Lean and Agile in product development & innovation. This unique event is designed to do two things:
- facilitate peer-to-peer learning and connections amongst members who are already applying lean principles to their R&D and innovation projects;
- increase the confidence of those who are considering applying this approach in their business by hearing first-hand how companies are applying the principles and practices.
Why LPD & Agile in Research & Innovation?
The challenge to be lean in your innovation is huge. Changing complexities, competitors, markets and customer expectations are just some of the dynamics influencing the need to get the right products to market in the most efficient way possible. That is the holy grail, and over recent years IRDG has been championing Lean Product Development (LPD) as an approach to companies to improve success.
The movement has been gaining traction, and the community of practitioners is growing across all sectors. With that now comes the opportunity to learn from those who have been on the journey, and share experiences to continually improve and sustainably embed the practices.
This Unpacking Lean Innovation event takes place at the Sheraton Hotel Athlone on the 25th September, followed by a site visit to Ericsson in the afternoon. The agenda will include the following:
- Implementation of Lean and Agile in a Large Development Programme by Sinead Pillion, ENM Program Manager, Ericsson
- Creating a Culture for Successful New Product Commercialisation by David Hannon, Research & Technology Development Manager, Hollister Inc.
- A Lean Product Development Journey, 2010 to 2019 by Andrew McCormack, Technical Director EMEAI, Minteq
- Our lean NPD journey at Silver Pail Dairy by Thea Murphy, Managing Director, Silver Pail Dairy
- Solving the common LPD problems – exercise & discussion
- Lunch & Posters from IRDG’s Lean Product Development programme, showcasing the practical tools and techniques of LPD and its application to diverse business sectors
- Optional tour of Ericsson to see how they have setup their physical environment and work practices to efficiently manage projects, many of global scale.
This event takes place at the Sheraton Hotel, Athlone, Co. Westmeath, followed by an optional visit to Ericsson in the afternoon.
The day runs from 9.00am to 3.30pm.
This event is exclusive to IRDG members. No charge applies.
Note: A waiting list will be in operation once any available places have been booked, so please do join that if you wish to attend and we will come back to you if cancellations arise. Contact Mary Byrne for any assistance – firstname.lastname@example.org