Complimentary members’ R&D Tax Credit webinars for finance, technical & other colleagues across industry who should understand this key support for companies engaged in Research, Development & Innovation.
To reflect the new way of working, we have restructured our popular R&D Tax Credit clinics, moving them online. In June we will hold 2 separate webinars, available exclusively to IRDG member companies.
The two events will be hosted by ourselves, together with Ken Hardy and Damien Flanagan of KPMG. Each webinar will be a maximum of 1 hour in duration, with approximately 30-40 minutes of presentation, followed by Q&A. As each theme is available to be booked separately, it will provide flexibility to book into the area(s) most of interest to you.
Details for joining the webinar will be provided by email in advance of the event.
Webinar 1 – Maximising R&D tax credit claims and importance of documentation
(including update on current cost of the R&D tax credit, how to make efficient claims, grant support, increasing cashflow, ensuring your claims are compliant, continued importance of documentation)
10th June – 10am to 11.00am
(registration closes 9.30am on 10th June or once capacity is reached)
Webinar 2 – Impact of Covid 19 on R&D tax credit claims
(we will discuss some of the impacts we are seeing across different industries and what companies should be mindful of when considering the level of their R&D tax credits for 2020)
17th June – 10am to 11.00am
(registration closes 9.30am on 17th June or once capacity is reached)
R&D Tax Credits
Supporting an R&D Tax Credit should not be a retrospective exercise. Having access to complete, up-to-date and accurate information on the two key tests – the science test and the accounting test – is critical. The implementation of systems and procedures for the capturing of relevant supporting documentation further strengthens your claim.
These webinars are aimed at those responsible for managing and recording R&D activity for the purposes of claiming Tax Credits. They are suited to those in Finance and in the Technical functions – all parties to a tax credit claim. The goal is to help companies become more independent in the management of claims, and to be fully prepared so as to defend the claim in the event of audit.
- Facilitated by KPMG, highly experienced practitioners in R&D tax incentives
- Specific and detailed best practice overview at each session
- The most up to date Revenue Guidelines including the recent announcement with regards to R&D Tax Credit payments in the context of the Covid-19 crisis
- Detailed discussion and Q&A
- Aimed at both scientific/engineering people and those working in finance related roles, i.e. relevant to all those responsible for managing, recording and claiming the credits
- An opportunity to understand the R&D Tax Credit Scheme in detail
- Advice on managing documentation and dealing with audit situations
- CPD hours will be available for attendees who would like to avail of same
CPD – Continuing Professional Development
IRDG is a member of the CPD Certification Service.
A CPD certificate of attendance will be available to attendees after the webinar for anyone who wishes to avail of same.
Register for a Place – note 2 separate booking windows below
No charge applies to these members’ only webinars. Deadline for registration is 9.30am on the morning of the webinar (assuming spaces still available).