The Enterprise Ireland R&D Fund – large projects exists to support projects which have the potential to develop novel products and services with a clear competitive advantage in their target market. This will enable companies to increase employment through sustainable and substantially increased sales.
The R&D Fund will help companies to achieve the following:
- A demonstrable connection between R&D and the overall business objectives.
- A culture of innovative thinking throughout the company which aims to harness the creativity of all the staff towards defined business goals.
- A significant ongoing/established R&D budget.
- An established R&D team with high level skills.
- High quality facilities for R&D.
- Good quality R&D management systems and procedures.
ELIGIBILITY: Irish based manufacturing or internationally traded services companies which can show adequate cash resources to implement the proposed R&D project are eligible for this fund. All applications will be subject to a technical and commercial assessment.
FUNDING: The maximum R&D grant that a company can receive is €650,000. Companies seeking support in excess of this amount will be evaluated on a case by case basis by the Enterprise Ireland Investment Committee using a similar approach and grant rates as the R&D Committee.
The maximum grant rates for all companies applying to the R&D Fund is up to 50% of the total cost of the project. Maximum funding for projects that are innovative and technically challenging involving significant risk are as follows:
- Small Company: 45%
- Medium Company: 35%
- Large Company: 25%
A collaboration bonus of up to 15% is available for innovative projects where there is collaboration between two companies, but the total maximum funding cannot exceed 50% of the total project cost.