Priming Grants – for sole traders, partnerships, community or limited companies that fulfill the following criteria:
- located within the CEB’s geographic area;
- a business which on growth may or may not fit the Enterprise Ireland portfolio;
- a business employing up to 10 employees;
- a manufacturing or Internationally traded services business;
- a domestically traded Service business with the potential to trade internationally;
- a domestically traded services being established by a female returning to the workforce or unemployed persons where the potential for deadweight and displacement does not exist”.
FUNDING: Eligible clients may be awarded a Priming Grant within the first eighteen months of setting up the business. The maximum Priming Grant payable shall be 50% of the investment or €150,000 whichever is the lesser. Grants over €80,000 and up to €150,000 shall be the exception and shall only apply in the case of projects that clearly demonstrate a potential to graduate to Enterprise Ireland and/or to export internationally. In all other cases, the maximum grant shall be 50% of the investment or €80,000 whichever is the lesser. Subject to the 50% limit, a maximum grant of €15,000 per full time job created shall apply in respect of any employment support granted.