4 days over 4 months
12th Sept, 10th Oct, 14th Nov & 12th Dec 2017
Lean Product Development (LPD) focuses on the elimination of waste in all facets of the product development process. It provides a very practical tool-kit for Better, Faster, Cheaper execution of Product Development Projects.
4 days intensive training – one day per month over 4 months – in a classroom setting with up to 12 other companies
The application of the practical tools and techniques of LPD to your own business project so you are adding value as you learn
1-2-1 mentoring and coaching for your team throughout the programme
Financial support may be available for qualifying companies under the Enterprise Ireland and IDA LeanStart, Plus and Transform initiatives. Companies can pay per delegate on a standalone basis or apply for support under the above initiatives. With approval, such companies could help to part-finance the programme, as well as gain an additional 3 days in-company consultancy to assist the implementation of Lean thinking in their development processes.
Suitable for businesses engaged in Research and Innovation across all sectors including manufacturing, services & software, it is recommended that 2 – 4 people per company attend this programme as a team.
IRDG EXPERT LPD TEAM
Experienced Lean facilitators and mentors, coached by Ron Mascitelli in the application of his approach to Lean Product Development.
PROGRAMME CONTENT OVER 4 DAYS
TOOLS ON HOW TO DISCOVER NEW CUSTOMER VALUE
- Customer personas and ‘job to be done’ mapping
- Market Differentiation competitors’ analysis
- Value Proposition tool and outcome driven innovation need statements
- Early stage business case tools
TOOLS ON HOW TO ACCELERATE PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Risk Management tool and process
- Visual Work Flow tool and process
- Evaluating, selecting and prioritising projects
- Resource and capacity planning tool and template
- Rapid Learning Cycle process
- Knowledge briefs
- Introduction to 3-P Process
TOOLS ON HOW TO CHANGE CURRENT PRACTICE
- Customising your own lean Product Development Process
- Lean Governance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
CEOs / GM who want to understand how to discover real customer value
Research, Development & Innovation Leaders and team members who want to
- Upskill / better understand specific aspects of Lean Product Innovation
- Lead the practical implementation of Lean Product Innovation within their businesses
Middle management who need to know how Lean Product Development can generate more value for their business.