The aim of this Enterprise Ireland initiative is to provide partial funding towards the cost of recruiting a Key Manager with skills that are critical to the future growth of the client. This individual must contribute to significant and measurable improvements in company productivity and/or changes in its output to meet defined market requirements.
Key Manager support is not intended to be a mechanism to subsidise general recruitment. Examples of Key Manager positions are: Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Technical Officer (CTO), R&D Manager, Production Manager, Business Development Manager.
Support for a Key Manager will be considered where it can be demonstrated that:
- the role is a senior management function.
- the role is a new role and not a replacement for an existing position.
- the role provides new professional external expertise to the company.
- a competitive interview process will be used to select the successful candidate.
Funding cannot be provided for a key manager where the activities are directly linked to export-related activities namely:
- Funding directly linked to the quantities exported.
- To the establishment and operation of a distribution network.
- To any other current costs linked to export activity.
- No support should be sought for personnel who are promoting/ researching existing products in existing geographical markets.
ELIGIBILITY: The following companies are eligible to apply for this offer:
- Small and Medium Established Clients employing 10 or more employees (or full time equivalents) at the time of application, and
- Companies that have been trading (generating sales) for at least 2 years at the time of application.
- A Client may receive one Key Manager Approval in a rolling 12 month period.
- Funding will be by way of Grant. The maximum support level will be 50% of eligible costs.
Support may be approved against eligible Salary costs associated with the employment of a Key Manager up to the limit of 1 year’s salary to a maximum of €80,000. Note, eligible salary costs to exclude Employer’s PRSI, bonus and commission.