‘If you’re in the business of making things & you’re not making them smarter or connected you will go out of business……let me repeat that for you……things need to be smarter & connected – Disrupt or be Disrupted’
– Philip Moynagh, former VP of IoT Group (IOTG) at Intel (National Research & Innovation Conference 2016)
IRDG is delighted to announce our new Smart Connected Devices (SCD) Series for members. In today’s Intelligence Age – the connected world, there’s an evolving ecosystem of smart, connected devices, machines and systems that interact and are changing our lives and businesses. This new era requires a rethinking and remaking of the goods, products, services and processes that surround us. This impact stretches across all sectors of industry, and the opportunities, and needs, for innovation are many.
IRDG’s Smart Connected Devices Series will:
- Explore the IOT phenomenon and what it could mean to IRDG members
- Look at the imminent threats and opportunities businesses face and examine what will separate the winners from the losers in the connected world
- Highlight new solutions that are changing the connectivity landscape
- Share real-world examples from global companies and gain valuable insights to help members navigate this new environment
- Explore opportunities for member companies to partner and collaborate.
Our Host for the Smart Connected Devices event on 28th March 2017 – 8.30 – 4.00pm
Flex – www.flex.com
Flex designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world.
With approximately 200,000 professionals across 30 countries, Flex provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes and industries. Ultimately Flex is about creating value. By increasing speed to market and driving competitive positioning for customers, Flex in essence solves customers’ most challenging problems better, faster and more cost effectively.
With significant expertise across industries and emerging technologies, Flex will also be joined by Intel, VT Networks, Tyndall and Nimbus. The day overall will feature a range of presentations, networking, panel discussions and a plant tour, all designed to inform, stimulate and inspire you.
The stellar line-up who will share their insights and expertise are as follows:
- Caroline Dowling, President of Communications & Enterprise Compute at Flex – linkedin
- Juan Nogueira-Nine, Director of the Centre of Excellence for Wireless and Connectivity, Flex, Germany – linkedin
- Ray Burke, Program Manager for ICT for Health, Tyndall National Institute – linkedin
- Finian Rogers, IoT Ignition Lab, Intel Labs Europe – linkedin
- Brendan O’Brien, ThinkSmart at Cisco – linkedin
- Mark Bannon, VT Networks, SIGFOX – linkedin
- Dirk Pesch, Head of NIMBUS Research Centre, Cork Institute of Technology – linkedin
Please contact Mary Byrne on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to check if your company is a member.