‘If you’re in the business of making things & you’re not making them smarter or connected you will go out of business……let me repeat that for you……things need to be smarter & connected – Disrupt or be Disrupted’
– Philip Moynagh, former VP of IoT Group (IOTG) at Intel (National Research & Innovation Conference 2016)
IRDG is delighted to continue our Smart Connected Devices (SCD) Series for members. In today’s Intelligence Age – the connected world, there’s an evolving ecosystem of smart, connected devices, machines and systems that interact and are changing our lives and businesses. This new era requires a rethinking and remaking of the goods, products, services and processes that surround us. This impact stretches across all sectors of industry, and the opportunities, and needs, for innovation are many.
IRDG’s Smart Connected Devices Series is about:
- Exploring the IoT phenomenon and what it could mean to IRDG members
- Looking at the imminent threats and opportunities businesses face and examine what will separate the winners from the losers in the connected world
- Highlighting new solutions that are changing the connectivity landscape
- Sharing real-world examples from global companies and gain valuable insights to help members navigate this new environment
- Connecting members so they may partner and collaborate as appropriate.
Next Event hosted by DCU Alpha – www.dcualpha.ie – Dublin’s Hub of Invention
Co-located with Dublin City University, DCU ALPHA is a commercial innovation campus that promotes the growth of research-intensive businesses that are creating the technologies and services of tomorrow. Occupying a city-central 9 acre site, the campus has played a pivotal role in innovation and scientific research in Ireland, over its 70 year history.
Speakers & Agenda for 27th June
The exact agenda is currently being finalised. Registration will take place from 9am with proceedings kicking off at 9.30am. Presentations, networking and exhibitions will run through until approximately 1.30pm, with a light lunch to finish. The session will include the following speakers and more:
- Ronan Furlong, Executive Director, DCU Alpha – IoT National Picture & DCU Alpha
- Mark Bannon, CEO, VT Networks – How our eco-system is making money from IoT: The real business models and solutions impacting organisations across Europe
- Markus Helfert, Director Business Informatics Group, DCU and LERO – Smart Cities and Buildings – An Information Management Challenge
- Karen Dawson, Research Integration Coordinator, INSIGHT Centre for Data Analytics – Smart Connected Devices, generating data, but what do MNCs and SMEs do with it?
- Domhnall Carroll, General Manager, Siemens
- Raymond Crosbie, Business Development Director, Design Partners – Designing connected products – considering the digital and the physical
- Melanie Golden, Operations Manager, Taoglas Ltd
Parking is available in the visitors Car Park via the Old Finglas Road but is on a first come first served basis.
Members of IRDG and residents of DCU Alpha only are eligible to attend this event. Please contact Mary Byrne on email@example.com if you would like to check the status of your company. *Note that it may be necessary to limit the number of attendees per company if the event is oversubscribed.