♦ Barriers to Growth in your Organisation? Design Thinking can help.
Design Thinking is a proven growth enabler for organisations. The design thinking mindset, it’s methods and processes help firms to discover, develop and deliver breakthroughs that are distinctive and differentiating.
♦ Identify an Innovation Challenge, Problem or Wasted Opportunity
Choose one of these in your business that would make a real difference for you if it was resolved/actioned. Design Thinking can be applied to a product, process, service or strategic need. You will see some examples overleaf.
♦ Assemble a Cross Disciplinary Team
Bring together a cross-disciplinary team of 3 or 4 employees who are mandated to come up with a validated concept in 6 weeks! Include people from Technical, Finance, Marketing, Operations or HR etc.
♦ Send team on IRDG’s Design Thinking Programme
Team participates in IRDG’s Design Thinking Programme, over 4 days, based around a project, featuring a 2-day residential high activity session in the middle.
- Day 1 – Introduction to Design Thinking, Visualisation, Getting started, Design Research methods, Techniques for identifying needs and insights. Hosted by Broadlake.
- Days 2 & 3 – Research findings, Synthesising insights, Reframing the vision, Ideation and creative idea generation, Creating concept boards, Assumption mapping, Prototyping and iterations, Business case. Venue: Killashee House Hotel.
♦ The Finale! Concept Sharing & Next Steps
Teams are encouraged to bring their business leader(s) to the finale to explore the final concepts, and possible next steps and to see design thinking applied in practice in Design Partners.
- Day 4 – Design in business (case study), Project presentations and discussions, Peer review and key takeaways. Hosted by Design Partners.
♦ Programme Dates – Spring / Summer 2018
- 11th April – Broadlake, Rathmines
- 1st & 2nd May – Killashee House Hotel, Naas
- 22nd May – Design Partners, Bray
Any questions or booking enquiries to Mary Byrne at email@example.com or 087-6501215