We are delighted to extend an exclusive invitation to members to join us for an Innovation Practice Group (IPG) visit to ESB.
This IPG visit takes place on Wednesday 10th April from 8.45am to 1.30pm.
About ESB & Innovation
ESB has a long history of innovation, stretching back as far as the foundation of the company in 1927 and the construction of the Ardnacrusha power station on the Shannon. Much of this innovation has been in areas of large scale engineering and process efficiency, which for the most part probably went unnoticed to most people across society.
Over the last 5 years ESB has been building new capabilities across the company to innovate more effectively from a customer-centric perspective and to collaborate with other companies and organisations both locally and internationally in the delivery of new products and services for our customers. In this Innovation Practice session, ESB will introduce attendees to the many ways that it is collaborating at local and international level to put the customer central to its innovation efforts. ESB will explain how it follows the Design Thinking methodology to learn what customers want and to help remove the delivery risk in its innovation activities.
What will you learn?
At the Innovation Practice Visit attendees will hear about:
• Project Dingle – a large scale demonstration of new technologies across the Dingle Peninsula that will help shape the electricity network of the future;
• Free Electrons 2019 – the Global Accelerator Programme that helps ESB collaborate with leading start-up companies;
• X_Potential – ESB’s Internal Incubator Programme;
• The Innovation Academy – a Design Thinking training programme which explores real opportunities and challenges facing the company;
• How ESB’s Customer Solution team explores new opportunities for energy users and experiments to understand whether new propositions will have traction in the market;
Attendees will also have the opportunity to engage with people from ESB’s wider innovation team and learn how ESB’s Innovation Strategy and practices have evolved over recent years.
For those that are interested, there will be an opportunity to take a guided tour around the ESB Networks Training Centre and learn a little about the world-leading training programmes for ESB’s Network Technicians and wider innovation that takes place on the site.
There is no charge for members to attend this event. Refer to the invitation received for the access code to reveal the tickets. Please join the waiting list if the event is booked out. Spaces often become available at a later stage due to changes in people’s diaries.