Horizon 2020 was formally launched in Ireland on December 10th, and the first calls have now opened. Until 2020, almost €80billion will be available to fund research and innovation in order to boost jobs and growth, and it is incumbent on all companies to take some time to understand the opportunities available.
What You Need to Know Now! Horizon 2020 Launch Videos, Who to Contact, Horizon 2020 App, Calls Open Now
- Check out the “Horizon 2020 – Opportunities for Ireland” video played at the 10th December launch. It explains each of the 3 key objectives of Horizon 2020, which are:
- Excellent Science: strengthening the EU’s position as world leader in science and attracting the best talents to work together across Europe
- Competitive Industries: strengthening leadership in innovation to get Europe back on the path to growth and job creation
- Tackling Societal Challenges: innovating to tackle societal challenges shared by all Europeans, across six key themes
- In October, Commissioner Máire Geoghegan-Quinn also prepared a video message to all IRDG members on Horizon 2020 which you can see on this link.
- There is an extensive support network with Ireland and Europe to help companies to get involved in Horizon 2020. Full details of those you need to know if you would like to get involved in Horizon 2020 are on this link. Naturally, we are also happy to help you out.
- New Horizon 2020 App. This is a fantastic resource, and is available as a web portal or a mobile app via the Apple or Android app stores. This short video explains exactly what this app does. Users are required to set up a short profile to access relevant information including About Horizon 2020, Partner Requests, Search Calls, Latest EU Updates, Latest News, Useful Links, and Support Network. Follow this link to access the Web Portal version.
- The first round of Calls are now open. Details of the 12 focus areas are available on this link, with the specific opportunities open at this time on this link.
Throughout the lifetime of Horizon 2020, IRDG will provide periodic updates to member companies to help people keep up to date with what is relevant within this vast programme.