During 2017 IRDG is continuing its Innovation Practice Group visits to interesting member companies who are keen to share their innovation story. These best practice visits are a great way to network and learn how your fellow IRDG members organise and execute their innovation agendas.
Next up is the highly innovative and award-winning Irish company Dairymaster!
In expectation of a high interest in this visit, bookings per company may have to be restricted. Please do book early to avoid disappointment.
Dairymaster is a recognised leader when it comes to innovation. It is a wholly Irish-owned company and proudly stands as one of the leading dairy innovation and technology companies in the world. Founded in 1968, Dairymaster employs almost 400 people at the manufacturing facility in Causeway, Co. Kerry and exports a range of products including milking equipment, automatic scrapers and feeders, milk cooling tanks and heat detection systems to more than 40 countries worldwide.
Innovation at Dairymaster:
Dairymaster’s aim is to make dairy farming more profitable, enjoyable and sustainable through the application of science and technology. Over the past five decades, Dairymaster has researched all aspects of dairy farming and dairy herd management from its own in-house R&D department and has developed unique technologically advanced solutions aimed at making dairy farming more profitable by reducing long term costs and labour inputs. Dairymaster has over 50 patents filed as a result of work on product development and the state-of-the-art technology makes extensive use of ICT to seamlessly connect everything on one platform for the dairy farmer.
What you can expect at this Innovation Practice Group visit:
- Hear from Dr. Edmond Harty, CEO of Dairymaster & former EY Entrepreneur of the Year, about what it takes to deliver award winning innovations which lead to pioneering changes in the industry sector
- Learn about what drives the Innovation agenda at Dairymaster, how Innovation is plugged into their business model and how employees are engaged through the business culture
- See how Innovation is being carried out right across product, process and service areas of the business, transforming not just manufacturing but right through the commercial functions including customer activities and understanding their needs in the field
- Understand how Dairymaster has utilised collaborative projects and funding, both in Ireland and Europe, to expand their research capabilities and technologies
- Participate in a tour of facilities to experience the Dairymaster philosophy “to be the best in the world at what we do”.
This visit represents a fantastic opportunity to experience life and innovation within a leading Irish company. With Dairymaster’s unique vertically integrated business model it is also a chance to see Innovation applied, and integrated, across all business disciplines.
Make sure your company takes advantage of this visit and see what you can learn from the award-winning Dairymaster team to apply to your business innovation.
Dairymaster, Causeway, Tralee, Co. Kerry V92 NWK0
Ballygarry House Hotel, Tralee, Co. Kerry has a B&B rate of €79 available. Should you wish to book please contact the hotel directly on 066 – 7123322