The County & City Enterprise Board’s Business Expansion Grant may be awarded to businesses that meet the following criteria
- located within the CEB’s geographic area
- A business, which, on growth, may or may not have the capacity to fit the enterprise Ireland portfolio
- A business employing up to 10 employees
- A Manufacturing or Internationally traded service business
- A Domestically traded Service business with the potential to trade internationally.
FUNDING: The maximum Business Expansion Grant payable shall be 50% of the investment or €150,000 whichever is the lesser. Grants over €80,000 and up to €150,000 shall be the exception and shall only apply in the case of projects that clearly demonstrate a potential to graduate to Enterprise Ireland and/or to export internationally. In all other cases, the maximum grant shall be 50% of the investment or €80,000 whichever is the lesser. Subject to the 50% limit, a maximum grant of €15,000 per full time job created shall apply in respect of any employment support granted.
NOTE: A business that had availed of a Priming Grant will be ineligible to apply for a Business Expansion grant until 18 months after approval/drawdown date of Priming Grant whichever is the later.