Blockchain is one of the biggest buzzwords in technology right now. The blockchain ecosystem is advancing and expanding at an unprecedented pace. But what is it? What are the opportunities and how is it going to disrupt your industry?
The possibilities of blockchain are enormous and almost any industry that deals with some sort of transaction, can and will be disrupted by blockchain. Increasingly organisations from all sectors have to explore what this revolutionary technology will mean for their business and their innovation strategies. We’ve a golden opportunity for you to do this.
“Accelerate your Blockchain Journey”, 5th March
Crowne Plaza Hotel Blanchardstown, Dublin – 9.00am to 3.15pm
Together with an expert team from Deloitte EMEA Blockchain Lab, we have planned a one-day free event exclusively for members – “Accelerate your Blockchain Journey”. During this day we will give you a better understanding of the technology, and the various domains that blockchain impacts, so that you can be clearer about the opportunities, challenges and impacts for your business.
The Deloitte team will show how the technology’s core capabilities – when combined with other emerging technologies driving the digital revolution – creates new opportunities for the disintermediation of value chains.
To get a sense of the impact of the technology “in the real world” they will be supported by industry speakers from a variety of sectors with experience from their own blockchain journeys, as well as some of Ireland’s leading blockchain entrepreneurs within the areas of
• Supply Chain (track & trace; security; automation & integration)
• Financial Services
• Human Resource Management
• Identity Management
These will include:
• Killian Stokes of Moyee Coffee, partners in the world’s first blockchain coffee project bringing transparency to the industry.
• Using the Irish beef industry as an example, the Deloitte team will outline how blockchain will equip supply chain industries with the ability to provide market regulators and consumers with a new level of transparency and assurance in product quality and safety.
• Stephen Moran of Bank of Ireland will share details of working through a proof of concept trial which has demonstrated the disruptive but positive impacts in relation to trade reporting, transaction histories etc and how it will be relevant to future banking experiences.
• Rob Leslie, Sedicii, will take us to the important world of identity management to manage controllable, trustworthy, and verifiable digital credentials.
• & more….
Finally, to help you to take the first step in your own company, the afternoon will feature an interactive session where we will explore and ideate within common areas of interest, simulating the first steps of getting started with blockchain.
This is a fantastic opportunity for companies of all sectors and sizes to engage with leading blockchain experts, who will share insights and experience to improve your understanding and help guide your direction.
Who should attend?
Relevant to all companies that are involved in research and development or interested in innovating with technologies as part of their business strategy.
The seminar will be of particular importance to those within businesses who are responsible for strategy or innovation including CEOs, MDs, CTOs, CFOs, Directors of Innovation / Research, Company Legal Leads, Product Development Leads etc.
Members are welcome to bring multiple people so as to increase the understanding across the business.
The seminar will take place at the
Crowne Plaza Hotel Blanchardstown Dublin from 9.00am to 3.15pm.
Accommodation is available by contacting the Hotel on 01-8977777.
Google Maps location is available on this link.