“IoT”, Michael Dell said, “allows companies to use the vast amounts of data they generate to design better products, improve operations and customer experience”.
(Michael Dell’s 7 Keys To The Future Of Dell Technologies And The IT Industry, May 2017)
IRDG is delighted to continue our Smart Connected Devices (SCD) Series for members. In today’s Intelligence Age – the connected world, there’s an evolving ecosystem of smart, connected devices, machines and systems that interact and are changing our lives and businesses. This new era requires a rethinking and remaking of the goods, products, services and processes that surround us. This impact stretches across all sectors of industry, and the opportunities, and needs, for innovation are many.
IRDG’s Smart Connected Devices Series is about:
- Exploring the IoT phenomenon and what it could mean to IRDG members
- Looking at the imminent threats and opportunities businesses face and examine what will separate the winners from the losers in the connected world
- Highlighting new solutions that are changing the connectivity landscape
- Sharing real-world examples from global companies and gain valuable insights to help members navigate this new environment
- Connecting members so they may partner and collaborate as appropriate.
Next Event hosted by Dell EMC, Limerick – 27th September – 9am to 5pm
A superb line-up of speakers has been brought together for this Smart Connected Devices event as follows:
• KEYNOTE – DellEMC – Dr Patricia Florissi, Vice-President, Distinguished Engineer and Chief Technology Officer
• An Garda Siochana – Chief Supt. Dave Sheahan
• Analog Devices – Grainne Murphy, IoT Marketing Manager
• Action Point – John Savage, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer
• DellEMC – Donagh Buckley, Sr. Director, DellEMC Centre of Excellence, Founding Director of DellEMC Research Europe
• Episensor – Gary Carroll, Founder and Executive Director
• Intel Corporation – David Boundy, Director of IoT Innovation
• Limerick Institute of Technology – Liam Brown, Vice President Research, Development & Innovation
• Limerick City Council – Dr. Mihai Balauca – Head of Digital Strategy
• Microsoft – Patrick Ward, Principle Solution Specialist, IoT
This will be a full day session at DellEMC, running from 9am to 5pm. It will feature a range of presentations, exhibitions, networking and audience discussion, all designed to inform, stimulate and connect you. Subjects covered will be broad ranging across the IoT space, primarily structured around three key areas in IoT:
1. The Edge – Where sensors connect with the real world
2. The Core – Where analytics turns the data into information
3. The Cloud – Where the information is stored for making business or policy decisions
An optional 30 minute tour of DellEMC facilities will also be available at the end of the day before a 5pm latest departure.
DellEMC is located in Raheen Business Park, Raheen, Limerick.
Please follow this Google Maps Link for directions.
Ample free parking is available on site.
Members of IRDG only are eligible to attend this event. Please contact Mary Byrne on email@example.com if you would like to check the status of your company. *Note that it may be necessary to limit the number of attendees per company if the event is oversubscribed.